Our team: Dr. Chinmoy Roy MD, FIPP (Chief Pain Physician), Dr. Debjyoti Dutta MD, FIPP, Dr. Subhra Dasmistry FIPM, BCCPM & Dr. Ayananshu Nayak MRCPsych.
Our pain management center is currently the oldest in Kolkata for back pain treatment, knee pain treatment, nerve pain treatment, or cancer pain treatment. Our consultants are the best doctors for pain management in Kolkata with the best qualifications in the specialty of pain management.
Dr. Roy is senior Pain physician & chief of clinical practice at Daradia. Earlier he was senior pain specialist of Royal Hospital, Muscat. Dr. Dutta is senior consultant & faculty of Daradia. Dr. Nayak MRCPsych, is consultant psychiatrist & specialist in chronic pain management. He was liaison psychiatrist at London managing chronic pain. Dr. Dasmistry is a consultant and faculty at Daradia & R. G. Kar Medical College.
We received “Best Pain Clinic” award by Indian Society for Study of Pain & “Excellence in Pain Practice” by World Institute of Pain, USA.We have authored several books on pain management.
About Dr. Chinmoy Roy:
Publications on ‘chronic pain’: Total 17, indexed 16, national 6, international 11, first author-14
Co-editor of the book named ‘How to start and run a pain clinic’ also contributor of the chapter (no 9) on “Evidence based recommendations in pain management‘’ (publisher- CBS)
Co-editor of the book named ‘Clinical methods in pain medicine’ & also contributor of the chapter (no 7) on ‘evaluation of back pain’ (publisher-CBS)
Author and editor of the book: MCQs in pain medicine (Publisher-CBS)
Reviewer of ‘Journal of rehabilitation Medicine’.
Reviewer of ‘Acta Radiologica’.
Reviewer of ‘Journal of clinical monitoring and computing’
Ex-Associate executive editor of ‘Indian journal of pain’
2 years of EULAR online course on Rheumatic diseases
EULAR online introductory ultrasound course
Associated with (attended conferences as both delegate and faculty):
IMA, ISA, ISSP, IASP, WIP, NSI, IRA, IASM
About Dr. Gautam Das
|NAME OF EXAMINATION||INSTITUTE / COLLEGE||BOARD / UNIVERSITY||YEAR OF PASSING||REMARKS|
|MD (Anaesthesia)||R. G. Kar Medical College||Calcutta University||1996||Stood 1st in Calcutta University|
|FIPP (Fellow in Interventional Pain Practice)||World Institute of Pain||World Institute of Pain, USA||2007|
- 1996-2002: Consultant Anaesthesiologist & Pain Physician at Dum Dum Municipal Specialised hospital and cancer research centre, Kolkata
- 2002-2005: In-charge of Pain Clinic Bhattacharya Orthopedics & Related Research Center(BORRC), Kolkata
- 2005-2007: In-charge of Pain Clinic at Charnock Hospital, Kolkata
- 2007 to till date: Director, Daradia Pain Clinic Kolkata
- 2007 to till date: Course Director, 2 weeks’ pain management course (State Medical Council accredited), organized in every month by Daradia Pain Foundation since April 2007
- 2006 to till date: Consultant & faculty (DNB-Anaesth) at B.R.Singh Hospital, Eastern Railway
- 2012 to till date: Visiting Consultant at Medica Super Specialty hospital, Kolkata
- 2017 to till date: Visiting Consultant at Tata Medical Center, Kolkata
- 2011 to till date: Course Director & Visiting faculty, Padjadjaran University, Bandung, Indonesia
- 2014 to till date: Visiting Faculty, One year pain management fellowship, ESI Institute of Pain Management, Calcutta University
- 2014 to till date: Adjunct Faculty, Datta Meghe Institute of Health Sciences, Wardha, Maharasthra
- 2014 to till date: Visiting Faculty and examiner, JSS University, Mysore, Karnataka
- 2009 to till date: Faculty & Examiner, World Institute of Pain, USA
- 2011 to till date: Examiner of “Fellowship in Interventional Pain Practice” examination, Netherlands
- 2017 onwards: Faculty of IASP-ISSP multidisciplinary pain management program at AIIMS, New Delhi
- 2012-2015: Chief Executive Editor, Indian Journal of Pain (Official journal of ISSP) indianjpain.org
- 2015 to till date: Editor-in-chief, Journal on Recent Advance in Pain jorapain.com
- Stood 1st in MD (Anesth) exam at Calcutta University
- World Institute of Pain awarded “Excellence in Pain Practice” in all 3 categories, “research in pain management”, “multidisciplinary pain practice” & “training of physicians”, 1st time in Asia in 2010
- In Feb 2011, Indian Society for Study of Pain (Indian chapter of International Association for Study of Pain) declared Daradia Pain Clinic as “Best Pain Clinic” in India
- 2007-2012: Chairman of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka & Iran chapter of World Institute of Pain
- 2009-2012: Member of educational committee of Indian Society for Study of Pain (ISSP task force)
- 2017: President-Elect, Indian Society for Study of Pain
- Conducted 5-6 Live demonstration workshop in each year since 2004
- Conducted 5-6 cadaveric workshops in every year since 2009 at Calcutta Medical College, KPC Medical college, AIIMS-New Delhi, NEIGRIMS- Shillong, Madras Medical College, Padjadjaran University, Indonesia
Conferences & CME attended in last 5 years:
Attending Conference & CME as guest/invited faculty at least at one conference or CME in every 2 weeks since last 5 years.
- Encouraging students/fellows/juniors to present papers/abstracts at various conferences.
- Delivered 1000+ lectures at conferences/workshops/CME in last 10 years in India & outside
- Publication of Books: author of many popular pain management books
|Title of the Book||Name of the Publisher||Year of publication|
|1.||How to start & run a pain clinic||Wiley||2013|
|2.||Clinical methods in pain medicine- 2nd Ed||CBS Publishers||2015|
|3.||Common Pain Management Procedures||Daradia Pain Foundation||2013|
|4.||Basics of Pain Management -2nd Ed||CBS Publishers||2019|
|5.||MCQ in Pain Medicine||CBS Publishers||2019|
- Publication of Book chapters: Written 13 book chapters published from India and abroad
- Publication in journal: 67 publications at national & international journals. Below are 5 most important publications
|Title of the article||Name of the Journal||Year of publication|
|An Alternative Technique for Transaortic Celiac Plexus Block||Indian Journal Pain|
|Ozone Nucleolysis for Management of Pain and Disability in Prolapsed Lumber Intervertebral Disc A Prospective Cohort Study||Interventional Neuroradiology|
|Neuropathic Pain and Depression: A Prospective Study to find out Any Association||Journal on Recent Advances in Pain|
|Evidence and consensus recommendations for the pharmacological management of pain in India||Journal of Pain Research|
|Rami Communicans Block Prior to Transforaminal Endoscopic Discectomy relieves Procedure Pain Significantly and adds Safety: A Case–control Study||Journal on Recent Advances in Pain|
- Started Percutaneous discectomy 1st time in India in 2005
- He is the first pain physician from India to perform Ozone nucleolysis started in 2004 and conducted cohort study which was published on 2009
- Introduced Percutaneous nucleotomy in India in 2006
- He is first among pain physicians in India to perform Endoscopic discectomy in 2012 and shared his 5 years’ experience as retrospective study in 2017
- He introduced bipolar radiofrequency in pain management first time in India and published case reports on it.
- He is among few pain physicians in India who perform all advanced pain management procedures regularly like intrathecal morphine/baclofen pumps, spinal cord stimulations, intrathecal neurolysis, vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty, epiduroscopic and endoscopic pain procedures both under USG and C-arm guidance.